Seeing others win – and achieve their own personal milestones – should inspire us, not make us feel inadequate in any way.
I’ve been pretty down since the violent and deadly white supremacy rally in Charlottesville.
However, I’ve been thinking back to the hundreds of random people I met around the country back in summer of 2015.
I’ve been thinking back to how scared I was to roam through unfamiliar cities and towns as a lone young Asian American woman.
There were many times where I had to sit with my fears of being preyed upon because of the media reports, stereotypes, warnings and rumors that influenced my worldview.
And then I remembered all the times I felt love and felt loved. People were so friendly. They were curious and open-minded. They wanted to share what was inside their hearts. All I had to do was take the initiative and genuinely say hello. And that was what I did.
So today, I am reminded that there is soooo much more that is right with America than what is wrong with America. And if you’re able to read this, you ARE what is right with our country. Remember that.
Please do not hold back. Please do not become discouraged. Please do not think that your voice, your social media posts, your phone calls, your small donations, etc. do not matter. Because they do.
So long as we are not indifferent, complacent or in denial of the full extent of the situation at hand, we will get through these dark times together and come out better and stronger.
Why? Because we are light. We are Love. We are a part of this mighty Universe, connected to a higher power. Fear cannot defeat Love, come on now.
I believe in us!!!!!
Taylor Swift. Bravo. 👏👏👏👏👏
Ladies, please do not be afraid to stand up for yourself when men believe they are entitled to violate you or unlawfully push your boundaries in any way, especially in a professional setting.
It’s much easier said than done, I know, but your future self will thank you so much for it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”-MLK JR
Purpose-driven people live & think differently than everyone else.
It makes me happy to give these cards away.
10 Ways to Practice Self-Love
1. Be your own best friend. Don’t abuse yourself or let your thoughts hurt you.
2. Avoid drama, negativity & toxic people/environments. Prioritize peace.
3. Always do the right thing. Having a clear conscience matters.
4. Get to know yourself. You can’t fall in love with someone you don’t know.
5. Believe in yourself. You’re worthy, capable & enough.
6. Accept yourself 100%. Love is full acceptance without judgment.
7. Be who you are. Please don’t hide.
8. Eat healthy, exercise & take care of your one & only body.
9. Know that it’s okay to say no. Say no so that you can say yes to what you really want.
10. Practice self-forgiveness. We all make mistakes.
Love can change the world. Let’s start with ourselves.